das brunogekritzel

Main Bruno Discussion: Please use a valid, not-full email address when signing up

Reply to topicPost new topic
All times are GMT - 8 Hours
playfulkitten
still the angel

(site admin)
Please use a valid, not-full email address when signing up
Public Service Announcement

I got another bounce from a signup, before I set up the admin confirmation for new users, but this one wasn't inherently obvious as someone signing up just to spam a site. The site is in Russian, and doesn't have any naughty pictures, but Google doesn't translate pages from Russian to English, so I've no clue what type of site it was whatsoever. (If someone knows Russian well, I can PM/email you the site if you're curious.)

I went ahead and deleted the registration. It bounced because "either the message was too large [phpBB does not generate large messages], or the recipient's mailbox is full".

Please, please register using a valid, working email address. If your box is full, clean it out before you sign up. Otherwise I have little way of knowing (unless it's obviously someone from the old board, in which case I can make an exception) whether the signup is legit or just another person wanting to spam their link.

Thank you for your time. Happy
Post 2004/11/02 2:18 pm

Jump to: